Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Remembering Three Simple Letters

Something cool happened today. I know, I know... I was supposed to bring you more pix and stories from Mexico but that can wait. I want to tell you about what happened this morning.

Once you look beyond the muscles... you can actually see a smile on this guy.

As some of you may or may not know, I've been heading to La Jolla Shores every morning, while I'm in town, and shooting water photos of eveyone riding waves. I then come home and upload them for people to see, download or buy prints. It's been going well but I can't quit my day job just yet.

I've been wanting to share the love and head to another beach where the vibe is similar to that of the Shores. Mellow vibe, cool people and wave riders just having FUN. I think I may have found that 'other' beach this morning. The people I met today had one thing in common... FUN. It was good to see that this morning. Reminded me of the times when my friends and I riding waves in some outer island in Indonesia. Even though I wasn't riding waves, it put me in a good mood through the whole day.

When I see people snapping at each other in waves that no bigger than knee high, it makes me think, 'why are you out here?' No, I didn't see that today. What I did see was friends sharing waves and having FUN. Sure the waves were two feet but the sun was out and we weren't sitting at desk jobs.

My point is this... when you're riding waves that aren't life threating, have FUN, share waves and smile. Why else are you out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment