Thursday, August 19, 2010

En route to Cabo Freak Fest

Flying on the cheap is what all surfers and bodyboarders always look for. For southern Californians, we have it made. Tijuana airport is just a short drive across the border. And if you're looking to save a few bucks on your flight to anywhere in Mexico, I suggest one of my favorite short route airlines... Volaris. Volaris offers up flights to most costal cities including Cabo San Lucas. I got my ticket to Cabo last minute for $308. The aircraft is clean and the staff are very nice. Add on the $28 round trip bus shuttle to and from downtown San Diego, and you're still paying less than $400 to get to Cabo.

The bonus you get from Volaris... bodyboarders do not have to pay luggage fees for your boards! Please do your best to avoid Mexicana. Not only did they file for bankruptcy but they charge $60 freakin' bux per bodyboard! NO MEXICANA! YES VOLARIS!

Here's the site for Volaris and yes, they have an English option for their site: www.volaris.com.mx.

Okay, I'm off to Cabo San Lucas.

From the Tijuana airport, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment