Monday, April 11, 2011

Stop The Presses!

Am I really off to Australia? Or is this some kind of cruel belated April fool's joke?

At around 8am this morning, my friend Chris called me up and said, "do you want the good news or the bad news first?" I asked for the bad news. "Sorry, that was a trick question. There is no bad news. I got your passport in hand with your Australian visa. How soon do you want it?" Are you kidding me?! I was sure that all my calls, not only annoyed the representatives, but I imagined they would put the brake pedal to the metal on my visa application process.

First, I want to publicly voice that I'm sorry. I'm sorry I even thought that representatives would do such a thing. I'm sure they are great people and they were simply doing their jobs. But when emotions get to a boiling point level, your mind starts to bounce off the reality tracks. Again, I apologize to the representatives that have to deal with situations like mine day in and day out. I'd never say anything bad about Australia and/or it's embassy workers. So I thank you.


For the absolute 100% confirmation tune in tomorrow morning. That's when I will have my passport and visa in hand... I hope (gulp).

No comments:

Post a Comment